Washington Statewide Social Media Summit
Friday, June 17, 2016
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Department of Labor & Industries
7273 Linderson Way SW, Tumwater, WA 98501
This is a free event, hosted by the Governor’s Office, put together by state social media managers. It’s open to any government or school employees who wish to gain knowledge and expertise in using social media to reach their audiences.
Join us for a day chock-full of free social media goodness, including educational sessions, expert panel discussions, and opportunities to network with other social media professionals in Washington. The Washington Social Media Summit is designed to answer your burning questions and help demystify the ever-changing world of digital communications.
- Building a social media strategy
- Curating content and managing multiple accounts
- Analytics: What do to now that you have them?
- Twitter for advanced users
- Paid advertising
- Crisis management
- Creating compelling video for social media
- Archiving and records retention
- Using social media to cover events
- Live streaming
- Legal and ethical considerations
For lunch, L&I has a cafe on site, or bring your own. L&I has lots of parking available, but there are also many public transit options in the Olympia area.